There is a misconception that as we morph from childhood into adults, we grow out of needing role models. The wisdom of Oprah has shaped much of own philosophies and experiences. Because of her candid nature, she has created a space for millions to be themselves…including me.
9. Because of Oprah I know that “Doubt means no”.
8. Because of Oprah I “Think like a queen”.
7. Because of Oprah I realize that “You can have it all. You just can’t have it all at once”
6. Because of Oprah I can “Learn from every mistake because every experience, particularly your mistakes are there to teach you and force you into being more of who you are”.
5. Because of Oprah I believe that “For everyone of us that succeeds, it’s because there’s somebody there to show you the way out.”.
4. Because of Oprah, I see how crucial it is to “Start embracing the life that is calling you and use your life to serve the world”.
3. Because of Oprah I am confident in knowing that “I’m black, I don’t feel burdened by it and I don’t think it’s a huge responsibility. It’s part of who I am. It does not define me”.
2. Because of Oprah I live by this, “Nobody but you is responsible for your life. It doesn’t matter what your mama did; it doesn’t matter what your daddy didn’t do. You are responsible for your life.
You are responsible for the energy that you create for yourself, and you’re responsible for the energy that you bring to others”.
1. Because of WATCHING Oprah, I am living out the dreams put forth by 5-year-old Tyler.
Who is your role model?